I missed last week’s weigh in post so this will have to be a 2 for 1 post.
First lets start off with a review of August.
In August I….
- Lost 8.8 pounds
- Lost 7 inches
- Dropped below the 100 pound mark of what I have left to lose
- Shifted cardio to less walking and more elliptical
- Added fitness classes to my exercise routine – Body Combat, Body Pump, Body Flow & Body Step
- Increased the intensity level of my exercise – less time, but more calories burned
- Exercised 19+ hours and earned 234 activity points
- Joined a 2nd gym (for the fitness classes) and mixed it in with my workout schedule
- Added a 3rd day/week to weight training – 2 with trainer & Body Pump class (the inches lost show that benefit)
- Started C25K program at end of month (1st day ran 8 minutes)
- Tracked my food every day
- Stayed on program 100%
- Tried new vegetables and ate a wider variety of fruits and veggies
August was my second full month on Weight Watchers and I have a lot to smile about! I continued to challenge myself. I took a big step adding the classes in. There were times I wondered what the heck I was doing in Body Step or Body Combat, but I stayed and finished them.
My August weight loss was about the same as my July loss, but what was huge was the inches lost. In July I lost 4 5/8 inches compared to 7 inches lost in August. That really shows how much weight training can make a difference. I started working with the personal trainer on July 24th. After a full month incorporating weights into my routine I almost doubled the inches lost.
That is amazing to me.
What is also amazing is the difference in my workouts. I exercised about 8 hours less in August than July, but by increasing the intensity and changing the type of exercise I actually earned more activity points = more calories burned.
Now time to catch up on Week 10 & 11 Weight In’s. One was good and one was a less than stellar showing:
I was down 2.2 in Week 10 and .6 in Week 11. In Week 10 I earned my 20 pound ribbon at my Weight Watchers meeting. Week 11 put me over 30 pounds loss total. Both things to celebrate.
I think the difference in losses week to week has to do with a couple of things. First exercise –definitely in Week 11 I didn’t have as good of a week. I pulled my calf muscle in yoga and then was sick missing back to back days, so I had 3 off days for the week. It would have been 4 but I dragged my butt to the gym Wednesday night to get one more workout in.
Looking at it in summary for the week, it was only 20 minutes less week to week, but it was 15 points less activity points earned. I didn’t have as much cardio in Week 11.
On the food side of things, tracking and staying on plan points wise was good both weeks. But I know what impacted last week (Week 11) – more alcohol over the weekend and too many starchy foods (potatoes and corn) during the week. By weigh in day yesterday I felt like my stomach was full of potatoes.
I was feeling like I was in an exercise funk earlier Wednesday morning. That had to be dealt with immediately. It has been a busy week at work and I haven’t had time to map out more than a day to day schedule. But that will be done this weekend so that I survive the next two weeks where exercise time will be a challenge.
I cancelled this weekends painting plans. The only deadline for that is our own and really, I don’t want to have a bad workout weekend going into next week with Mike and I gone on back to back trips. We’ll end up with a lower key weekend with the kiddos which will be good since Mike and I will both be gone for a few days.
I also decided to continue working with my personal trainer. When I started I wasn’t sure if I really wanted to work with a trainer. I am finding it working so well I am not ready to give it up and now for the next 6 months I don’t have to.
WEEK 10 GOALS:
- Track food and activity each day – DONE
- Exercise at least 5-7 days averaging 45 minutes per workout – DONE Week 10 – fell short in Week 11
- Strength training with trainer 2x – DONEWeek 10, missed one Week 11
- Take 3 classes this week including Body Pump – DONEWeek 10, missed one Week 11
- Navigate potluck at work Monday – DONE Visited with co-workers at potluck, but brought my own lunch
WEEK 12 GOALS:
- Track food and activity each day
- Work with trainer 2x
- Body Pump, Body Flow, Body Combat – 1x each
- Couch To 5K Training 3x
- Plan out workouts for next week – traveling and Mike out of town
- Choose wisely for dinner out with family on Saturday